The weather is getting nicer, and aside from a few days of rain and cloudy skies, there are still many days of potential sunshine left to enjoy on a patio or deck outside! To stay organized when hosting family and friends over, or just enjoying an evening outside on the patio, try these appetizer and drink recipes that are easy and time-efficient to put together and serve.
Time spent outside should be as easy and stress free as possible – don’t make more work than is necessary. Enjoy the summer while it’s here! [INSERT TWEET THIS LINK]
Not only are these Antipasto Skewers from Dinner at the Zoo easy to make, they also have just about everything in them, and the recipe can be adapted to include ingredients that a person may already have on hand:
- 12 kalamata olives
- 12 small balls of fresh mozzarella (get the marinated type if available)
- 12 slices of thick cut salami
- 12 pimento stuffed green olives
- 6 whole jarred cherry peppers, halved
- 12 small pepperoncini peppers
Take 12 7-inch skewers and thread one of each ingredient item onto each skewer. Serve immediately or store, covered, in the fridge for up to 1 day.
Enjoy this delicious summer appetizer with a refreshing pitcher of Sparkling raspberry and lemon-aid.
- 12 oz fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, chilled
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 liter (33.8 oz) sparkling water or club soda, chilled
- Fresh mint and ice, for serving
- Place raspberries in a food processor and pulse until well pureed. Force raspberry puree through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- In a large pitcher (if you don't have one large enough you may need two) whisk together water and sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour in honey and mix until blended.
- Stir in raspberry mixture and lemon juice then pour in club soda and stir once.
- Serve with ice and fresh mint.